By Dr Paul Adu
Most men already have an orgasm before penetration or shortly afterwards – which is called premature ejaculation.
If this happens almost all the time and becomes a problem for a man, it is considered to be premature ejaculation.
If you ejaculate during romance or right after penetration, this is for you:
Premature ejaculation (PE) is most common among most men at some point.
Usually, PE is when you regularly ejaculate within a minute of penetration or even before penetration.
However, if both parties are happy and fulfilled then there is nothing to worry about.
On average, men are more likely than women to define an orgasm as ‘premature’.
Thus, women may last longer before they cum as compared to men.
Premature ejaculation can be classified under these:
- Ejaculation which frequently occurs within 1 minute of penetration
- Men who have difficulty in controlling ejaculation
- Men who find sex frustrating or distressing and tend to avoid it.
Aside these classifications premature ejaculation can also be:
This is often psychological, and starts when the man first becomes sexually active. It can then remain a lifelong issue.
This usually occurs later in life and can be caused by both psychological and physical factors. Stress, anxiety, and depression are all possible causes.
Now what you can do to be able to last longer in bed:
- Engage in Foreplay: this is arguably the most enjoyable part of the sexual encounter. If it is done right, it greatly increases duration and pleasure.
- Avoid sex positions that will overstimulate the tip of your penis (Glans).
Positions like deep missionary, doggy and cowgirl positions may be of great help.
- During sex, don’t be overly excited about the feeling, take mental breaks and think about unrelated contents like 1+1 = 2.
- Talk to your partner and let them know what works best for you and what doesn’t. Keeping things this way can prevent premature ejaculation.
- Follow a particular rhythm when having sex. Don’t pounce like a lion. Engage gently, calm and keep your composure.
These can help you overcome Premature ejaculation and sustain your healthy relationship.